You may or may not experience the following immediately after the peel
- Redness, lasting approx. 1 – 12 hours after your peel
- Puffy eyes (also referred to as peri-orbital edema)
3 to 7 days post peel
- Darkened Skin Colour: skin may turn darker than usual, ranging from light brown to dark brown depending on the peels intensity. Usually this will appear on the chin, smile lines and under the eyes. In most cases these small dark patches will lift and flake off resulting in brighter looking skin. In extremely rare cases permanent hyper- pigmentation may develop.
- Puckered Appearance: A common side effect of a more aggressive treatment and will generally occur first on the areas of skin that have darkened in colour.
- Aged Appearance: Found under the eyes and predominately in the morning after sleeping on your stomach. Skin may appear wrinkled, this occurs the most often before skin sloughs off, usually within 72 hours.
- Peeling: Light to moderate exfoliation, lasting 1 – 7 days
Important Treatment Considerations
Due to the nature of the treatments you should not necessarily expect to ‘peel’ however you may have light to moderate flaking in a few localised areas for 3 – 7 days. You may also experience residual redness which lasts approx. 1 – 12 hours. Over the next 48 hours your skin may feel tight and pulled although may not actually peel it is likely that you will experience a light exfoliation. It may take 2 or more treatments for the surface skin to loosen and peel.
In order to obtain maximum results and avoid complications, please follow the instructions listed below for approximately 5 days
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Use the post treatment care for 4 – 6 days
- Keep skin hydrated
DO NOT USE:
- Hydroxyl Acids/Mechanical Exfoliants for 7 days
- Any of the Image Ageless and Clear Cell Lines.
- Do not pick/pull flacking skin
- Do not use tanning booths
- Do not use prescriptive topical medications/electrolysis/waxing/threading/hair removal for 7 days
- Do not have laser hair removal/photo rejuvenation/chemical peels/ microdermabrasion for 14 days
- Do not apply ice or ice water to treated area
- Do not use Jacuzzis, steam rooms, saunas, hot showers or swim for 2 days post peel
- Do not participate in aerobic exercise for 2 days post peel